Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Looking Back #2

 Here is a small update. Working on bringing up the colours in the shadows and deepening the darks for a bit of oooomph.




 This is my second attempt at this zebra, the first one, done on velour with pastels, is just too dark and gloomy for my taste so thought I would try again, this time with coloured pencils. I have used maize Pastelmat and Polychromo pencils. The background has been dissolved with low odour solvent.
The scan has come out a little yellower that the original, maybe I can adjust that next time. 
Size is about 16" x 12"


2 comments:

  1. This one is looking great! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you can't say this one's going to turn out dark and gloomy!! Look forward to seeing this one progress

    ReplyDelete