Tuesday 16 July 2013

Trying out Landscapes

This is of a local scene, where I walk Tilly on most mornings. The photo reference for this was taken last winter just at sunrise. The geese were added from my imagination. They are always there and flying to and from the River Brue to Apex lake so are a feature of the landscape. I am just not a good enough photographer to capture them in flight, so added them later.


The picture measures about A3. I used Faber Castell polychromos on Bristol Velum finish paper.

8 comments:

  1. its a very calming landscape :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen, nice of you to pop in and comment.

      Delete
  2. This is brilliant - You have captured a wonderful mood, the colors spot on in a morning landscape. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lene, Thanks for your kind comments, I think I might do some more landscapes, the Bristol paper I used seems to work very well for them. I didn't like it at first, but now I do, so I will persevere.

      Delete
  3. by the way congrats on the fine mention on UKCPS and NEWA admission :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. Disawar satta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm… I interpret blogs on a analogous issue, however i never visited your blog. I added it to populars also i’ll be your faithful primer. Satta king online

    ReplyDelete

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...