Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Cat on Ampersand pastelbord

Ampersand pastelbord is a new support for me. I was given a small piece to try out, and decided to do this long haired cat just to see how much detailing I could get on it. I found it reasonably easy to use, but could definitely not get the level of detail that I can achieve on paper such as Fabrianno artistico HP. Still, I like the finished painting and might use it again. I found I really needed to keep sharpening the pencils as they became blunt very quickly as the surface is quite rough.

Support: Ampersand pastelbord (mid grey)
Pencils: Faber Castell Polychromos
Size: 7" x 5"


3 comments:

  1. I wouldn't have guessed that you had trouble with this paper. The painting is rich and the subtle variation of colour give it a lot of depth. I think that the soft effect that you achieved here is perfect for this subject. Love it!
    Laurene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurene, I am always torn between detail and speed, this board certainly speeds up the drawing process and I do like the end result, but it is quite expensive so may not use it again.

      Delete
  2. I really liked this part of the article, with a nice and interesting topics have helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know.. you need more publicize this so many people who know about it are rare for people to know this... success for you.....!!!

    ReplyDelete