Thursday, 8 July 2010

Sunny Meadows

I started this one some time back, but abandoned it as I could see it wasn't really working that well. It was suggested that I crop it,  I liked the bottom left corner (thanks Pauline). After thinking about it for awhile, that's what I did. I decided where I wanted the image to finish and this is it. I am putting up the first attempt to show why I didn't like it and then the cropped image.
I used coloured pencil dissolved with a  low odour solvent (Pauline's method) on a yellow pastelmat.
The first one is approximately A3 in size the final is cropped down to 11" x 6.5".




3 comments:

  1. That's lovely Bev, what a difference. It has far more impact now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All thanks to you Pauline :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely landscape, Bev, it has good depth and a really nice summery feel to it! I know that feeling when you know it isn't right ~ mind you, I liked your original composition and think that would have worked well too ! (But then, what do I know!).

    You seem to have picked up the solvent bug too, hehe, and used it to really good effect :)

    ReplyDelete