Wednesday 10 February 2010

Interpretive boards

Wow, where did the time go! I did mean to update my blog once every couple of weeks at least, didn't seem to be able to get to it recently. I have been busy illustrating and designing some interpretive boards for the Environment Agency and thought I would post two of them here so you can see what I do when wearing my other hat, so to speak. These boards are A1 in size so quite large. I have used mainly watercolours for the illustrations with a little coloured pencil just to crisp up the details, especially for the creatures. I use a much looser style for these boards as I cant go taking months just to get one illustration done. 

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/

 

This is the completed panel showing the location and some of the wildlife that can be seen in the area.
Below is a close up of the background illustration.




  

This is a board done for the Curry Moor pumping Station with a little of its history and some of the wildlife found in the rhynes (pronounced reens) or ditches. Below is a close up of the river bank showing above and below the waterline.

 
 

3 comments:

  1. Oh what an interesting challenge Bev ... and lovely artwork of course. Is this a permanent job or a one-off contract?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue, In the past I have done a number of freelance jobs for various organisations, mostly they are one off contracts, but hopefully when new jobs come up they will remember me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Bev! And a really interesting commission for you.

    ReplyDelete

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...