Wednesday 9 July 2014

Birchwood Glade

I don't usually post WIPs on my blog, but thought that this time I would.
I am really enjoying this particular style I have been doing recently using prepared board, I like the effect of the texture of the finished picture. This is a much faster method for coloured pencils and helps me to remain looser and not get bogged down in the detail.

After transferring my drawing onto the board I do a light colour wash using water soluble pencils as I don't want too much white showing through in the final picture. This is the stage this picture is at, at the moment. 

Next I will start on the dry coloured pencil.

Medium: Coloured pencil
Support: Cradled board
Size: 15"x15"


This picture shows the depth of the supporting frame, just under 2".



Showing the completed under painting using Derwent watersoluble coloured pencils. On the far left I have started to build up the strength of colour with Faber Castell Polychromos dry pencils.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...