Thursday 15 September 2016

Old tree with moss and rocks.

Oh dear, such a long time since the last post. This is one I have been working on and recently finished. I so love these old trees covered in moss. This was something of a challenge but I do like a challenge!
Title: I haven't found anything suitable yet
Support: Fabriano Artistico HP 300gsm (my favourite paper)
Media, Prismacolour pencils and Pro Marker blender pen.
Size 14" x 14"
My ref photo taken on Dartmoor last year.


I have been out on the Quantock hills at Fyne Court this morning looking for some more old trees to draw. I'm on a roll and it was such a beautiful day it would have been a shame to waste it.

9 comments:

  1. Expertly done Bev! The moss is thick and velvety and there's so much variation of rich textures to explore. This is the kind of place I love to just sit and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Laurene, I love trees, I especially love these old moss covered ones. Very special just to walk quietly through the woods, looking at all the textures, little holes, rough bark, twisted roots and the mossy rocks and shapes.

      Delete
  2. so many wonderful textures! great wood and great greens :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, very nice of you to comment. Greens are always so difficult, well I find that, but this one just seemed to come together.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Beautiful rich colors and amazing textures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for looking in Carol, I love doing textures.

      Delete
  4. As has been said, beautiful textures and lovely sunlit greens - a series of these old mossy trees would be wonderful so hope you find some more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Cathy. I do have a second lined up, so watch this space :-)

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    An Thái Sơn với website anthaison.vn chuyên sản phẩm máy đưa võng hay máy đưa võng tự động tốt cho bé là địa chỉ bán máy đưa võng giá rẻ tại TP.HCM và giúp bạn tìm máy đưa võng loại nào tốt hiện nay.

    ReplyDelete

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...