Wednesday 30 December 2009

Rhino in watersoluble coloured pencil.

Over the holidays I have been taking some time out to draw something for myself and decided to try out some of Derwent's new watersoluble pencils I bought at the NEC in November. I am surprised to find I really like them, up to now I have not liked watersolubles, but these work well.


First I lay down a very light layer of dry colour pencil, and then dissolved the colour using one of those water brush thingys....stops me flooding everything with water as I usually do. This is the early stage.



Then I worked over this base colour using dry pencil , building up tone and colour and adding in the wrinkles and skin textures. Here I am almost complete. I am hoping to finish it later today and will post the results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pencil on toned paper

Here are a couple of experiments using graphite pencil and white coloured pencil, plus a touch of white gel pen on grey paper. I am reasona...